Why You Need Underlay For Your Artificial Lawn In Escondido?
Artificial grass is a fantastic way to have a low-maintenance, green lawn all year round. But did you know that installing artificial grass on top of an underlay can actually make it look even more realistic and improve its lifespan? Here are 5 reasons why you need underlay for your artificial lawn:
- To protect the ground beneath, an underlay is essential. It acts as a barrier between the artificial grass and the ground, protecting the ground from any sharp objects or debris that could damage it.
- An underlay also helps to drainage. By installing an underlay, any water that does happen to fall on the artificial grass will be able to drain away quickly and easily, rather than pooling on top of the grass and causing it to become waterlogged.
- Underlay also helps to keep your artificial grass looking fresh and new for longer. The additional cushioning provided by an underlay helps to keep the blades of grass standing up straight, rather than being flattened by foot traffic or heavy objects.
- If you live in an area that gets a lot of sun, an underlay can also help to protect your artificial grass from UV damage. The underlay acts as an additional barrier between the artificial grass and the sun’s rays, helping to keep the grass looking green and healthy for longer.
- And finally, an underlay can actually make your artificial grass more comfortable to walk on. The additional cushioning provided by the underlay means that you won’t feel every little stone or twig underneath your feet, making it more comfortable to walk on – even barefoot!
Do You Need Underlayment For Artificial Grass?
Yes, we recommend installing an underlay beneath your artificial grass. An underlay provides numerous benefits, including protecting the ground beneath, improving drainage, and helping to keep your artificial grass looking fresh and new for longer.
What Do You Put Underneath Artificial Grass?
We recommend using a synthetic turf underlayment beneath your artificial grass. This type of underlayment is specifically designed to provide cushioning and support for artificial grass, and will help to prolong its lifespan.
What Should You Put Down Before Laying Artificial Grass?
Before you lay your artificial grass, you should make sure to prepare the area thoroughly. This includes removing any existing grass or vegetation, levelling off the ground, and compacting it firmly. Once the ground is prepared, you can then install an underlay before laying your artificial grass.
It is essential to install an underlay beneath your artificial grass. An underlay provides numerous benefits, including protecting the ground beneath, improving drainage, and helping to keep your artificial grass looking fresh and new for longer. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Escondido at (760) 913-1344.